Friday 10 August 2007

Ode to a shoe

Gleaming silver, sharp and high
you carried my weary limbs
in fine form, detracting even from my eye,
red and shrunken as it then was.

Resplendent shoe, how I love you...


Every girl's best friend, I was
lucky to call you mine, and shirk
awhile the dirty nappies and weight
of motherhood angst.

Resplendent shoe, how I love you...


Job done, you now reside back
in your cardboard home,
awaiting your next calling
to bring instant glamour and joy.

Resplendent shoe, how I love you...


[Sorry, couldn't resist a quick dip at the altar of my lovely new silver stilettos, and prose just didn't seem lyrical enough - sigh - right, as you were...]

7 comments:

Pig in the Kitchen said...

May i join you at the altar? Are we talking frightening amounts of money? I do love kick-ass shoes. And I do like your Ode.
Pigx

Elsie Button said...

arrr lovely! not a stiletto girl myself, but could write something similar about my flip flops...

Elsie Button said...

havaiana what?? i just had to google it! i am so uncool! my flip flops were 3.99 from hennes.

New Mum in Town said...

Hi Pig - there's plenty of room at this altar, please do. And no, not frightening amounts as in Louboutin, but enough to merit a small pedestal!

Hi Elsie - ah yes, the trusted flip flop. How about an Havaiana Haiku to celebrate?!

New Mum in Town said...

oh no, I sound like a flip flop snob!! does it make it better or worse if I say I got mine cheap in Rio!?

Pig in the Kitchen said...

I think it makes it worse

New Mum in Town said...

oh dear, sorry - well it will be Margate from now on so I better make them last!