Monday 9 April 2007

Are we nearly there yet???

Yesterday I woke up full of the joys of spring (albeit at an ungodly hour), this morning however I just woke up feeling bored.

Everything bored me, from the prospect of getting up, to staying in bed, to visiting the bathroom for the umpteenth time to making tea. Even coming downstairs was boring, making a banana smoothie incredibly dull, watching 3 episodes of Desperate Housewives a drag.

In fact all the things I looked forward to doing on maternity leave had suddenly lost their appeal. Could it be that old adage, too much of a good thing..? Or is it my hormones preparing me for the refreshing change of splitting in two to release a new human into this (boring) world??

What I really wanted was to go on an exotic holiday, a really long run, a skydive, or throw myself into a bumper car and hit everyone on the circuit REALLY hard. But the reality is that I'm stuck in a bit of a vacuum of not knowing, watching my baby have seemingly much more fun than me on the inside, while on the outside I want to sit in its pram and throw out all the toys.

Sort of like having to wear sensible orthopaedic shoes when you really want to wear Manolo's..

Perhaps this is the last opportunity for my baby to hold me hostage, while I lamely bleat from the backseat (well, sofa), "Bump, are we there yet, are we nearly there yet Bump??".

2 comments:

Pig in the Kitchen said...

Have you had it yet?!

Anonymous said...

Some ideas for last minute pre-baby activities...
- sort out your photo albums, either on the PC or in a book. I even managed to file all my old negatives when my second child was ten days late
- get your hair cut, you won't have time afterwards
- do a jigsaw puzzle, it's the only time I remotely even wanted to
- choose a few undemanding books ready to read while breastfeeding and after you've seen all of Desperate Housewives
- sleep, it's hard when you're the size of a house, but it's even harder when faced with a hungry baby