Tuesday 1 February 2011

Déjà vu

Not content with experiencing the highs and lows of new motherhood with one, for reasons my blurry brain can't quite pin down at present I have embarked on a new journey of motherhood with two.

A long journey it was too, replete with false starts, sadness, uncertainty and then nausea. Lots and lots of nausea.

Happily the outcome of all that is my handsome boy Maximilian, or "Maxi-limian" as big sister Iris likes to call him. Or "Maxi-pops", which is entirely my fault.

Max will be eleven weeks old this week, which amazes me. So much so that I say the same thing every week to anyone willing to listen; "x weeks old already, can you believe it??".

It really does seem amazing, especially given how slowly time seemed to pass while waiting for the little man's arrival.

So we're now officially a family of four, and are slowly getting used to having a new little being in the house. And what a wonderful little being he is.

No comments: